Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Departure group #1

Today my friends departed for Amsterdam, then Tanzania.  They will pick up Brianna and Elizabeth in Amsterdam and head off. Brianna and Elizabeth decided to take advantage of Amsterdam for a couple days and left early. They will need to tell us what they did in the City of Bikes.

Of course, what would an International trip be like without a little, uh, intrigue?  This morning as I readied for work to finish off my leftovers at the NH before the group left, I got an email telling me that the travelers would need to get their CTA stamps (Continuing Temporary Assignment, i.e. work permit) at the DAR airport on arrival. We have done this in Iringa in the past, but apparently the system has changed, I am guessing to cut down on potential corruption, they have centralized this effort.  Well, despite the modest logistic hassle, we got them the cash needed and saw them on their way.
Randy, Evan, Jen, Abby, Lindsay, Annie

We are used to snow flurries, but last night there was a "flurry" of another kind. Each member of the group got a text message telling them that there was a wind advisory and if they wanted to change flights, they could do so.  Hmmm. Sounds like Delta over-booked to em.  John K. found a site that told a bit more detail. The wind advisory was for Amsterdam.

Well, our intrepid travelers boarded on time I believe and should be somewhere 1000 miles from here by now. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment