Friday, February 2, 2018

When I'm Sixty-four

...or perhaps a little older....

We threw a soda party for the staff yesterday afternoon.  That means we provided a couple of sodas or water for anyone who wanted to participate. This went over well last year and likewise this year!

Now the Nursing School Dining Hall has been remodeled slightly so it easily accommodated all who came. All staff were invited, All the students. Many came!  

The wazungu each gave a short speech telling of our gratitude and appreciation for our new friends' acceptance.







The birthday part was a coincidence, In fact, I had intended to be gone from the hospital. Then I learned there was a board meeting that I should try to attend. Oh well. I opted to stay.

It was great fun, even learning a traditional way that Tanzanians honor the persons birth by reminding the person they were born wet.  So, I shared the wet hair with others by shaking like dogs I have seen.

There was dancing including a circle dance.  No one did a specific Hehe dance. One of the staff set up a sound system. 


I did proclaim this to be the best birthday party ever. I hope to be forgiven if I use the phrase in the future due to my short memory. No question it was right up there!

After glow. Sorry Aneudy!

No comments:

Post a Comment